Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Surprise, surprise

On the way home from Ha Long Bay, one of the woman in our group got a phone call from agency staff who said that the G&R would be tomorrow/Wednesday, at least a full day earlier than expected.  It is now 8:30 Wed. morning and we are making final preparations. We leave the hotel at 1:30, drive to the orphanage, visit with a caregiver and the baby, then head to the Department of Justice for the official ceremony, and come home.  I can't tell you how much anxiety I've had up to that phone call, but now that we're in "final descent" mode, I'm remarkably calm. I slept better last night than I have in a week. We are as ready as we can be. In the next post, hopefully in the next 24 hours if we get the chance, you should be seeing photos of our family, united at last. Please pray, send positive thoughts, chant, or whatever it is that you each do, that Ngo Minh Hanh get through these next few days of loss and shock as quickly and easily as possible.  Our little voyager through life's voyage is making an enormous U-turn.......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

9:26 p.m. New York time. You might already be at the orphanage. Can't wait to meet Baby Bea. Stay safe and well, Family Foronda. Love and thoughts, David and Meaghan

Moe said...

This is it you guys, you're on the home stretch. All our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through these next several hours.

Can't wait to see your next post!

Margo Little said...

Yippee!!!!! Savor every second. I hope it's love at 1st sight. Keep us posted............

Anonymous said...

Thinking of your family united at last !!!

Peace,
Wendi

office ladies said...

This is the best news yet! We are faithful Bizou watchers. What an amazing journey. Love to you all, your extended WES family.