I can't believe tomorrow is May. I can't believe I go back to work two weeks from today. I can't believe Beatrice has been with us only three weeks. It feels like a lifetime, and I mean that in the best of ways. Who is this laughing, babbling, joyful child with whom we are blessed to spend our days? Where is that tightly curled up, shy, quiet baby that was handed to me on April 8th? Here are some photos from the past couple of days. She met her Uncle Dan, Aunt Kathleen, and cousins Truman and Hank last night and had a great time playing with all their neat stuff. She was definitely overwhelmed at first, but eventually warmed up. Also are some photos of her feet since we're seeing this "lotus position" a bit less and I want to remember it. A woman on the flight from Seoul to Chicago referred to Beatrice as "a lovely little Buddha" and each time she crosses her ankles neatly I am reminded of this.
This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Goodbye, April
I can't believe tomorrow is May. I can't believe I go back to work two weeks from today. I can't believe Beatrice has been with us only three weeks. It feels like a lifetime, and I mean that in the best of ways. Who is this laughing, babbling, joyful child with whom we are blessed to spend our days? Where is that tightly curled up, shy, quiet baby that was handed to me on April 8th? Here are some photos from the past couple of days. She met her Uncle Dan, Aunt Kathleen, and cousins Truman and Hank last night and had a great time playing with all their neat stuff. She was definitely overwhelmed at first, but eventually warmed up. Also are some photos of her feet since we're seeing this "lotus position" a bit less and I want to remember it. A woman on the flight from Seoul to Chicago referred to Beatrice as "a lovely little Buddha" and each time she crosses her ankles neatly I am reminded of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment