Friday, April 3, 2009

April 3, 2009

First of all, Happy Birthday to Jonathan, adopted from Vietnam about a month ago.  He is one-year old today!!! I got to hear his beautiful voice over the phone yesterday as Teta eased my mind once again.  Traveling day has arrived.  I got four or five hours of sleep, with no more than two of those consecutively, but at least it's something.  Our bags are packed and I think at least one is "morbidly obese" which will likely cost us at the check-in  in Boston.  All the gifts we are bringing for the orphanage are heavy, so we should be lighter on the way back. We had an emotional evening, collecting farewells from parents and siblings.  I made last minute phone calls to Margo and Marianne asking panic-induced questions about bottle washing since the trip home was already on my mind. Yet, I will try to live in the present during this journey and enjoy, or at least absorb, every second of it.  Parents who've been through it before compare it to your wedding day, with the months and months of anticipation and preparation and with it being over in an instant. Wendi got me really excited about the sights of Hanoi. I pray our travel goes smoothly and that we arrive in our daughter's homeland as soon as expected.  Next time I log in, hopefully it'll be from Asia! 

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Safe travels to you!!
~*~*~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONATHAN ~*~*~

Wendi said...

Hey Michelle and Anthony,

By the time you read this comment you will be in wonderful Hanoi!!! In two days you guys will be baby mama and dad!!! Enjoy...

Peace,
Wendi

Biizou's Uncle Moe (Michelle's brother) said...

To update, after a journey of over 8,400 miles, Michelle and Anthony's flight arrived in Hanoi, on schedule at 11:15am EST (10:15pm local time).

browneyedgirl said...

You must be there already!Hope the flights went well--each and every tired moment will be rewarded 1000 fold.....