Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday







We went to the Museum of Ethnology today with another couple from Michigan who just adopted.  The museum was great, or so I think.  Having the babies with us didn't allow for much reading of signs.  Beatrice was great, but it was very hot in there and we didn't bring the stroller, so we both got overheated.  After that we had a fabulous lunch at an Italian place near our hotel. Really cool place with one of the best pestos I have ever had. Beatrice fell asleep in the sling and continued her nap throughout my meal. Afterward we walked across the street to St Joseph's, where they had a live stations of the cross last night.  We look forward to a grand Easter mass there tomorrow, and preparations were being made inside.  We finally got a photo of Bizou's "stranger face."  That look will kill you.  I assume we'll be seeing it often in  thirteen years or so.  The irony was I wanted a picture of her "little ray of sunshine" shirt. We're going to try to nap since Miss B. has now taken to awakening several times a night to laugh and play with us.  That wouldn't be bad, but then at 4 a.m. she awoke and didn't want to play, just wanted to scream and that lasted about an hour before sleeping again.  We wouldn't trade a second of it.....truly.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

LOVE the face!!
~*~*~ HAPPY EASTER ~*~*~

Moe said...

To quote Pepere Arthur, she is SOOOO photogeeenic!

Happy Easter you guys.

Anonymous said...

OK I don't like stranger face. She is still a doll. So, what is up with night time. Hey sounds like a normal well adjusted child to me. Once you think you figured them out...They surprise you. Have fun.
Love you all so much

Brenda said...

Sounds like a typical child to me. They like to fool you in the beginning, sleeping well, never hearing a peep out of them. (When I was reading your earlier posts, about how "easy" she was, I was thinking, it won't be loooong now!) Once they get you to fall in love, they show their true selves...up all night and making noise. I love it! I would have never wanted to trade a moment of it either. Enjoy!

Mary Jane Fulco said...

Stranger face or not she is a sweetheart. Happy Easter to the three of you. Love, The Fulcos

D. Anthony said...

Happy Easter from NYC you three!