Wednesday, April 8, 2009

and now presenting......







We have a petite little girl sitting here with us as I type.  In her first few hours with us she has been a quiet, peaceful angel.  We had a chance to meet with her caregivers who clearly adored her.  They told us she was a special girl, that she was "shy and likes to be held all the time."  So far, that's what we've done and the only whimpers have come when we've put her down.  She has the hair of a 3-year old and the frame of a 6-month old.  She is so small I just can't believe it. We're told she sleeps through the night, but don't expect her to do so for a while necessarily. We are so in love with this baby.  My heart was full-grown, it doubled when I met Anthony and now, to quote the Grinch,  my heart grew three sizes this day.

22 comments:

office ladies said...

Congratulations Mommy & Daddy!!Simply precious. Thank you so much for sharing this special time with us. Everyone looks so relaxed and comfortable with each other. You are such naturals. Can't wait to have you all back in CT.

Dan and Kathleen said...

Amen!

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS...She is beautiful!!!

browneyedgirl said...

WOW! She is the luckiest girl in Vietnam....I am sure she feels "home" already. Absolutley more beautiful than words! Can't wait to see the new family. Love you all...

D. Anthony said...

Can't wait to make her s'mores and keep her up past her bedtime.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sight! And so a new chapter officially begins...
Love Nicole

Ann said...

She is gorgeous! She looks so content in her daddy's arms. I am thrilled for you all. Brian slept through every night (with one feeding) so I hope your sleeping patterns start out good and only get better. Live in the moment, and enjoy it! FINALLY!!!!


Ann, Jordan and Brian

4leafclover said...

SOOOO HAPPY for you! We have been checking your blog every 30 minutes since we woke up this morning. Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful family!!

Love Love Love,
T, B and J

MSChaz said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I am so very, very happy for you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! She looks very content there in your arms. I selfishly want hourly updates. But keep doing what you're doing.....just loving your baby. But do keep us in the loop every once in a while. Glad to hear she is little enough her Easter dress will fit her.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! B is soo beautiful. Your photos brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy your time as parents in good old Hanoi.

Peace,
Wendi

Moe said...

I sat at my computer from 7:30-8:00 this morning hitting the browser refresh button, but it was worth the wait - O-M-G, is she a DOLL!

Congratulations, I cannot wait for you all to get home!!

Anonymous said...

I have goose bumps! We wish you all the happiness in the world. You are going to make fantastic parents!!
The Palacios family

Joey said...

YAAAAYYYYY!!!! She is beautiful! She's got Anthony's cheeks and Michelle's eyes! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Foronda, She is soooo adorable. I think all my advise really helped you both. I bet she is happy to have a new home. I miss you SOOOO much:) I try not to cry. Beatrice looks different that the pictures in your office. You guys look very happy with her. We all can't wait until you come home. P.S. have fun:) Love Aubrie and Maria

Mary Jane Fulco said...

I am going to start looking for the DVD "My Girl" so I can break Beatrice in to some of Michelle's baby sitting tricks that earned her the "Our Favorite Babysitter" award when she watched our kids. Mary Elizabeth still can't get over that night. Congratulations to all three of you. Beatrice has found the family with whom she was meant to be. Love the three-year old hair and Mama and Papa could not appear to be any prouder. Can't wait to hold her too. Safe journey.
John and Mary Jane

Anonymous said...

Congrats Anthony and Michelle!

~Joh and Katherine

Unknown said...

Michelle & Anthony - what wonderful photos.. Luv the hair.. reminds me of a certain Uconn hair style worn by someone I know!!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot stop looking at the pictures. I am so happy for you all. I am so anxious to see more pictures but more importantly word that everything is going smoothly. Hurry home.

Love,Marianne

Lynn Frink said...

I am so happy for all of you, you are a beautiful family. We are so looking forward to seeing the new addition. Congrats, Lynn Frink

Joan Jette-Lotreck said...

Tears in my eyes

You are all in my prayers

Joan Jette-Lotreck

Heather said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!! I am so happy to follow along on your exciting journey to your Daughter in Vietnam. Hope you have a great time in Vietnam!!!

Fellow WC Mommy,

Heather-Ap to Meliah and Khai 24 months old from Lag son,Vietnam

P.S. Please help me build a house for a needy family in Vietnam. Every $10.00 donation gives you a chance to WIN a double/single stroller ($250 Value). The real gift is the difference you will make in the life of a family in need. Please come take a look and view the videos of their current living conditions:

http://wwwjourneytoourdestiny.blogspot.com/2009/03/double-stroller-giveaway.html