This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Sunday, April 26, 2009
You'll Never Know Dear How Much I Love You.....
One of the things I've been saddened by is that usually Beatrice goes to sleep, whether for a nap or for the night, screaming. As we rock her to sleep, her eyes closing, hands rubbing her eyes or the sides of her head, she generally cries hard until she "goes under," which can take anywhere from thirty seconds to thirty minutes. Well, the last two days this has finally started to change. She's had a few much calmer transitions to sleep and tonight was the best one yet. We were listening to Putumayo Sing-Along, and "You are My Sunshine" was playing. She had one finger in her mouth and had a finger from her other hand tracing my mouth, she was looking into my eyes as I was singing to her, she smiled and quickly closed her eyes, dragged the finger out of her mouth, and went to sleep peaceful and happy. We had such a wonderful day together, and that was the exclamation point to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, that is just the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I feel like I was there watching that very tender moment.... I am so happy for you. Finally... Isn't it unreal?
Post a Comment