Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lola and Lolo Visit



I feel like I've been out of blog-land for ages, though it's only been 3 days.  Anthony's folks made a spontaneous trip to town, since they were in NJ anyway and decided to hop on up for two days, so we've been really busy.  Beatrice has handled all of it in great stride, I cannot even believe how flexible she is.  Honestly, my daughter is a better person that I will ever be.  She is patient, easy-going, friendly, trusting, and, most importantly, seems so genuinely happy (okay, that part is like me).  We have our first social worker visit tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Here's a picture of Bizou sacked out with Sula after dinner (these early evening jet-lag induced naps are disappearing, thank God), as well as one with Lola and her first doll, courtesy of Auntie Marianne.  She is sleeping well, by the way, taking 2-3 naps a day and, as of this posting, sleeping through the night.  She also is crawling like a marine and pulling herself up to a stand very quickly.  Her chewing is coming along.  She can now feed herself finger foods much more successfully, and has eaten chicken, rice, papaya, sweet potato, banana, yogurt, cheerios, applesauce, and spaghetti.  I need to introduce her to the world of green vegetables soon.  We celebrated Earth Day yesterday by making the leap into gDiapers.  So far, so good. I can't believe she's only been in our arms for two weeks.  She gets better and better every single day and her Papa and I are in totally amazement of her and of our luck that she entered our lives.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

This blog makes my day. You all !! are so lucky to have found each other.

Call you soon

Marianne

Margo Little said...

Thank you for the new updates.....we've been going thru withdrawls!!!!! Glad to hear she is continues to adapt well to all that is going on around her. Hope to talk soon....Love, Margo

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how she looks like Lola Ely! I'm glad you all are doing well!

Anonymous said...

B seems to be doing great!! What a tough little cookie.

Peace,
Wendi