Beatrice and I took a 1 1/2 hr. nap this morning while Anthony went to apply for her passport. She awakened me with a whimper and I sat up and looked at her and she just smiled and smiled. It was a moment I will always remember. When I think of yesterday after the G&R, she would turn her head away if I tried to make eye contact, and give me her "stranger face," and now??? That moment turned the "on" switch to her smiling and we've gotten dozens ever since, even a little chuckle. Because of that I now can see she has 8 teeth and I think more coming in in the back because she keeps putting her finger back there. We went on a walk to the lake and had lunch. She was awesome and got "oohs" and "aahs" from all. She gave them her "stranger face," which we have got to videotape some time since it'll probably go away eventually. She loved being in the baby carrier and fell asleep on the way home after her bottle. We took her on the famous red bridge of Hoan Kiem Lake and she was underwhelmed to say the least. These photos and video are from lunch, one is from right now as Father and Daughter Foronda are taking "co-sleeping" to a whole new level, and the other I title "Man and his...........rooster." You just never know what you're going to see walking the streets of Hanoi.
This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Thursday, April 9, 2009
First Giggles and First Trip Out
Beatrice and I took a 1 1/2 hr. nap this morning while Anthony went to apply for her passport. She awakened me with a whimper and I sat up and looked at her and she just smiled and smiled. It was a moment I will always remember. When I think of yesterday after the G&R, she would turn her head away if I tried to make eye contact, and give me her "stranger face," and now??? That moment turned the "on" switch to her smiling and we've gotten dozens ever since, even a little chuckle. Because of that I now can see she has 8 teeth and I think more coming in in the back because she keeps putting her finger back there. We went on a walk to the lake and had lunch. She was awesome and got "oohs" and "aahs" from all. She gave them her "stranger face," which we have got to videotape some time since it'll probably go away eventually. She loved being in the baby carrier and fell asleep on the way home after her bottle. We took her on the famous red bridge of Hoan Kiem Lake and she was underwhelmed to say the least. These photos and video are from lunch, one is from right now as Father and Daughter Foronda are taking "co-sleeping" to a whole new level, and the other I title "Man and his...........rooster." You just never know what you're going to see walking the streets of Hanoi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Beatrice!!
Any idea of your travel plans? Is it still April 17?
Nice chest anthony...A new version of spooning!!!! She is precious, love the hair clip and you two look beyond ecstatic. Enjoy every second and welcome to your new wonderful life. marianne
OK I cannot stop looking at the blog...My kids are going to be late for school. I love her already too. Get back home so I can call you instead of type. Have FUN and go out and make new friends!!!!! Your Mom is shining upstairs BIG TIME Marianne
Adorable pictures, and a great update - sounds like Bizou is adapting nicely.
As to the video, what a delight! (but I wouldn't be so sure she's laughing with you!)
Mitch, please email me an update on your itinerary when you have it.
Thanks.
;)
omg. technology is so cool. you guys look like you've been doing this for years and she looks like she's been your daughter all along.
Joey
Hi Matel,
Just wanted to let you know that Children of Heaven drew an exclamation of OHHHHHHH when the little girl dropped her brother's sneaker in the sewer. The REad 180 kids really got the message. Probably for the final exam we'll watch the White Balloon. Probably anyone who reads this Blog will wonder what the heck, but you get my message. May Beatrice never have to worry over little pink shoes with pink flowers.
I am so happy for you. I am sure that you are taking the most of these moments, and your bonding experience with Beatrice will come round many fold more as you share experiences with her throughout your life. It makes me smile to see Beatrice smile, but it means even more to me to see how happy you and Anthony are with her. Carry on.
JJFULCO
I can't stop talking about Bizou and your amazing journey. We are so happy that the 3 of you are finally together. Nothing can describe this process and how God gets it so right every time. I can not wait to give you guys a hug when you get home. Debra
Post a Comment