Either we totally lucked out and got the world's easiest baby, or she's lulling us into a false sense of security. Beatrice ate dinner and took her bottle no problem, and was fast asleep by 8:45. She woke up once and was easily put back to sleep in less than a couple minutes, then at 4:45 for a diaper change and at 6:00 we got a bottle ready and fed her as she was stirring a bit. We haven't heard her cry for more than 15 seconds, and it's just a tiny whimper, but one that you would do anything to never hear because it breaks.your.heart. This morning she had her first bath which she loved and had breakfast. She's napping right now and insisted on being held by me to go to sleep. At breakfast she showed us her first smile, revealing 6-8 teeth. She does not give smiles away easily and still gives us her shy look (furrowed brow, and drops her chin down to her neck). She does this when we call her Minh Hanh or play the game that the nannies used to play with her at the orphanage. The hotel staff is in love with her already and held her so we could eat breakfast. The men remarked how beautiful she is. She is wearing an outfit that my mom bought for my cousin's daughter many years ago. It fits perfectly. I sure wish Ma could see this precious bundle. I was not prepared to fall in love with this little soul so quickly and completely.
sorry for the picture quality. the lighting in the hotel stinks.
7 comments:
OMG!!!! B is so lovely,and yes you really lucked out. Enjoy.
Wendi
Congratulations to the Foronda Family!! Your baby is just beautiful. I loved the picture of daughter and dad; Anthony looked so peaceful. Thanks for sharing all your experiences. We enjoy reading your blog every day.
There's no doubt in my mind, mom can see you all and is smiling ear to ear!
Give Bizou a big hug for us.
Love,
Moe & Sharon
I'm so excited everything went well. Eden and I loved seeing her in the outfit, I was nervous it wouldn't fit. Thank you for taking time out to keep us posted....because I'm addicted! M
She is a beautiful baby and worth the long wait. We're looking forward to meeting her in person.
She is adorable!!!
Congratulations. Beatrice is beautiful!!
Kristen
Post a Comment