Thursday, October 6, 2011

P-r-I-n-c-e-S-S

I have to record this one for posterity. Beatrice is still wearing pull-ups at night. This summer she reached the point where I thought she was ready to ditch them forever, with several long streaks of dryness, but since school started for both of us she's wetting far more than not. No big deal, I know. But then at the grocery store last weekend in the clearance bin, there was a $5 bag of pull-ups. Not just any pull-ups, PINK ones, with PRINCESSES! And mice and castles! CINDERELLA PULL-UPS!!!!!! Bare in mind Bea's gone from gDiapers to 7th generation or other chlorine-free diapers/pull-ups that are anything but fancy. I wondered if having the right motivation could play any part in her staying dry, so we bought them. When I showed them to her, she oohed, aahed, and thanked me profusely. She was in love, walked around the house holding one like a baby, and I mentioned to her, no pressure mind you, that these were the last of their kind so it would be awesome if she could try to "keep the princesses dry" as often as possible so we can reuse them and make them last a long time (sorry if that grosses anyone out at there, I'm a stingy environmentalist). First night...the princesses stayed dry. Night #2....she was so proud to announce that they were still dry! My hopes ran high. Two nights ago, she got up and I said "let's go see if the princesses are dry" she said with no hesitation..."No, they not, they had a bath." Yes they had. Then this morning, she announced enthusiastically "I gave the princesses a shower last night!" This girl has us in stitches every single day. We'll see if tonight the princesses go to swim class.......

1 comment:

MSChaz said...

laughing out loud