Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Portrait Day

Beatrice mentioned recently that we don't have a Family Picture, and when she says "Family" she means all four of us...canine and human included. Sula is present for "Family walks," "Family rides," and "Family vacations to the beach." So I decided to call my friend John over and have him attempt some shots outside our house in the 9 a.m. sunshine, with our perfect indoor dog who becomes impossibly distracted and agitated when outside, and with a 3-year old whose emotions change like the wind these days. So in the end, we had a hint of this...




some moments of this...




a bit more of that,




and a whole lot of this:




But ~25 minutes, 19 bug bites, a few dozen blood pressure points, and a couple of bad parenting moments later, we had a few decent images. I won't reveal either of the two that we are deciding between for our Christmas card (although Anthony really, really, really wants to use the chaotic one above. He thinks it shows us in our truest state!)


Here are some shots that I think are blogworthy:










2 comments:

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

I'm voting with Anthony! The chaos pic ROCKS!

MSChaz said...

OK- LOVE this. You can't imagine (wait, you can!) what it was like trying to get Rachel to take a picture in front of the sukkah tonight. There were tears! ha ha ha ha.... just the beginning of your Jewish suffering, kiddo. :-)