Friday, February 1, 2013

Vocabulary

Beatrice's vocabulary has been blowing us away lately.  It's really too bad that her articulation is so much weaker than her words, because she "sounds" like a 3-year old, but her words, if you can understand them,  are of a much older child.   Here are a few samples from the past few days that made me smile:

(asked in response to Anthony talking about "bad people":  "You mean villains, right?"
"It's a terrible tragedy,"  
It's a dream come true!,"
"I'll leave it here, but at some point I will return for it."
"....and they were never to be seen again!,"
"I will roll Daddy's scarf out onto the floor and turn it magically into a classical rug!"

Meanwhile, here's out nutty little linguist before bed.  I asked her to put her dirty clothes into the laundry basket while I was at the computer.  She yelled for me to close my eyes and then ran in giggling madly looking like this:

1 comment:

Quynh said...

Haha I guess the fact that children understand more than they can show still surprise use, right?