Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bringing Tet to Bea's School

We were up early this morning, slicing watermelon and steaming Bánh bò for Bea's class. I went and did a Tet presentation to 23 3-4 year olds,with 2 out of 3 staff members out for the day.  It was quite a challenge but, in the end, I think they all had a great time and Beatrice was beyond excited!  I showed photos of Tet from the internet, read the book "Ten Mice for Tet," told fortunes, played games, had a very modified dragon parade, and handed out li xi to each child.  I hope Bea will allow me to offer to do this each year, until she's old enough to do it herself.
They weren't as colorful as Anthony's iPhone makes them seem, but festive nonetheless:
I knew this double bamboo steamer would come in handy some day!

Bea donned her "cooking headband" to help in the kitchen.  Is licking the bowl just the best thing ever?

No comments: