Anthony's mom turns 70 today and he and Bea are off to Maryland while I return to work after a lovely and relaxing 4-day weekend. She was so excited to see her Lolo and Lola and has been counting down the days all week. She was so grown up packing. I couldn't believe what an experienced traveler she acts like! I will join them this weekend and we all return on Monday. One thing Beatrice and her grandmother have in common is a love of books, so that is the theme she chose for her birthday card. She cut out lots of little books, and then drew a picture of Lola reading her "Princess Pea" while I apparently am calling them away from their fun and telling them it is almost breakfast time. Guess I'm a killjoy in my daughter's eyes! :)
Beatrice came up with the wording for this card and I edited nothing. Her Buddhist influence is present!
Meanwhile, here she is at the airport awaiting departure. I packed her a surprise in her backpack and Anthony snapped this picture of her enjoying it. (When did Barnum's animal crackers start to cost $1.99 by the way? And when did they get politically correct and remove the cages from around the animals? That was a good move that I guess increases the value.)
I miss her already. Guess I'll put my palms, in which she sweetly planted kisses this morning, against my cheeks as she instructed me to do when she was gone. She always remembers this from The Kissing Hand book that we read years ago and still take out now and again.


2 comments:
You have a quiet house all to yourself???????? I'm jealous!!!!!!! :-)
Sounds like a fun and busy weekend in Maryland. If you have time, your family is welcome to drop by our house for coffee and some playtime for Beatrice and Samantha.
Take care,
Agnes and Samantha
Post a Comment