A wonderful time was had by all during Lola's birthday weekend in Maryland. Here's Bea and her Lolo:
Beatrice at the Library of Congress the day before I arrived:
My sister-in-law Lucy and I cooking before the party:
Lola loves cheesecakes, so I made two of them, which held seventy candles!
Most of the gang:
Fun was had with fake mustaches:
Sunday we headed to DC. First stop was mass at the National Shrine with Lolo and Lola:
and then to the Hirschorn and National Gallery museums to see the Ai Weiwei and Ellsworth Kelly exhibits. Here my little "Year of the Rat" girl:
We are sooooooo spoiled to get to go around DC by being chauffeured door to door everywhere we want to go!
I was a little sick Saturday night and was worn out on Sunday:
I took this shot outside the East Wing of the National Gallery. We're still cute once in a while!
She was convinced the sculpture outside was of "girls dancing" so she joined in:
Squatting down to ponder the crabs:
Big "B" and Little "B":
I swear I didn't dress her in black, red, and white on purpose!
My husband in his "church:"
It was a great trip. As often happens, I'm amazed at how many moments we did NOT capture on film. I'm especially upset that we didn't take more of Beatrice with Lola. She had a great time with her grandparents, the best ever I think. She cried the night before we left and this morning at the fact that she had to leave them. She slept with them for two nights and can't wait to see them again. It was great to see family and to celebrate Lola's special day all together.
And it was so special for Daddy to have some time alone in the city of his birth with his girl....













No comments:
Post a Comment