Monday, January 28, 2013

Full of It

I don't know if it was the fact that she had a big brownie for dessert at lunch, that she's finally over her drippy nose and cough, or if it's because it was early dismissal from school due to snow, or because Daddy was her date at Special Persons Lunch, or because she got to wear "blue and gold" clothes instead of her uniform (Catholic Schools Week), or what, but Beatrice was FULL.OF. IT. today! Silly, wild, mischievous, devious, and oh so very happy. She must have said "close your eyes!"  a dozen times today and each time when I opened them she had done something naughty and/or ridiculous. Yet I kept closing them.  :)  And then she gives this devilish laugh.....
Here she is at the end of the day, giving me a "pirate face" with pajama bottoms on top of her head.  She demanded that I get the camera and photograph her.  Of course I obliged:

She started the day with showing me Chocolate Chip (her new favorite friend) with his "super hero cape"  (aka used kleenex with ponytail holder):


She played hard all day:  card games, board games, and of course pretend.  Today, all within the confines of our home, we churned butter, made honey, and hunted bear (aka Sula---all the influence of reading Little House in the Big Woods).  We  had an elaborate Queen's campout complete with packed suitcases, sleeping bags, a spaghetti dinner cooked over campfire, and an enormous tent held down by using "a banger." (I think that's a hammer).  Cousins Molly, Kate, and Sophie joined us too.  (Her pretend friends) Mango and Madonna are back in town, as her parents apparently need to attend a funeral and I agree to watch them.  Almost everything Beatrice owns has at least two purposes, one concrete and one or many imaginative, and she is just devastated when I throw away or recycle something that was ultimately important to her imaginary world, but which I just see as a piece of trash.  Such a sad twist of fate that this creative genius has such a rational, literal mother!


No comments: