Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Last night, while drifting off to sleep in our bed...

(Bea gets two "sleepovers" a week with us, which is five fewer than she'd like and one more than I'd like.)  Here's the conversation as she drifted off between the two of us last night, cradled in her Daddy's embrace:

me:  Beatrice, I know you love sleeping with Mama and Daddy, but do you know who loves it even MORE than you?
Bea:  who?
me:  Daddy
Bea:  no, I love it GOODER!
me:  I don't think so, your Daddy just loves our family sleepovers
Bea:  But I love them TWELVE!
Anthony:  I love them A MILLION!
Bea:  I love them THIS WHOLE LIFE!
Daddy:  Wow, Bea, that is a lot.  Good night....
(5 minutes later, as she's breathing deeply and I assume is asleep)
me (whispering): Anthony, how sweet was that?..."I love it 'gooder', 'twelve', and 'this whole life"
Beatrice:  YOU NEED TO BE QUIET, YOU'RE INTERRUPTING ME, YOU GUYS STOP INTERRUPTING AND GO TO SLEEP!!


No comments: