Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Peace/Sunshine
























Three years ago, we adopted "Snuggles," a 2-ish-year old lab mix found roaming in the Florida panhandle. We renamed her Sula,which means either "peace" or "sunshine" depending which internet site you believe, and ever so slowly she revealed her "gentle soul" to us and learned to trust. We always refer to her as our first baby and our first adoption, and she taught us so very much. While she has certainly challenged us with her aggression toward other animals, she has become our dream-come-true as a house dog and best friend. As I was looking through photographs to post here, I realized I have exponentially more shots of Sula and Bea than of Bea with either Anthony or me. She really is always right by her side. Most recently Sula is "enjoying" being adorned with necklaces and hats. She also loves being fed her two meals a day by Beatrice, as well as some nuts as a snack. Every once in a while she gets some pretend food offered to her, which is confusing to only one of the duo. I am thrilled that Sula will be a large part of Beatrice's childhood memories.

No comments: