Weekend highlight#1: I'm on the toilet bowl yesterday and Beatrice is out in the hallway reading an Eric Carle "Colors" board book. She walks in with her fingers pressed together and starts reaching for my face, babbling something incoherent, and insisting on touching my face. Finally I looked at the book and she was on the purple page, with an illustration of a bunch of grapes. She was trying very hard to feed me these imaginary treats!
Weekend highlight #2: We went for a walk today in the 75 degree sunshine and Beatrice was walking around picking up wet leaves, acorns, and finally a huge hunk of mushroom that she held onto for over an hour. She loved that thing! I let her have it until Anthony mentioned that it just might be poisonous. She cried and cried over her beloved 'shroom being taken away. The girl could care less about a stuffed animal or taggie, but she sure loves her fungi!
Weekend highlight #3: I was moving Beatrice into our bed last night. I picked her up from her crib, sound asleep, and she whimpered a bit. I said "it's okay, mama's here." She put her head on my shoulder, said "mama" with the most loving and content voice possible, and patted my back a few times, then went right back to sleep as I walked across the hall.
Weekend highlight #4: Beatrice LOVES her mooncakes! I should have gotten the video camera out tonight to show her literally BEGGING for more. She said "muh" about twenty times and kept signing "more" madly, nodding her head "yes," and leaning in. It was ridiculous. She carried the empty plate around when it was gone, and held it up vertically and pretended to eat more. We were waiting for her to lick it, but she didn't quite go that far. We had the first one last night and she loved that too. I think it was lotus seed. Tonight's was red bean (I'm guessing) and it seemed to be literally the best thing she's ever eaten in her life. She also, I've now learned, sneezes around incense and really likes tea.
We have a busy and exciting week ahead. My cousin Margo, who I've not seen in a year or two, is coming to town from Idaho with her four children, ages 2 to 7, and we will see them a couple of times. Then later in the week Lolo and Lola are coming out with our 4-year old niece Linden to spend the weekend and to babysit as Anthony and I go to a wedding. It will be great to spend time with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment