It is a beautiful New England fall day and Beatrice and I had quite a busy one. Sometimes I think I am just stringing her along through the day. I feel that way when we do errands and I do chores around the house, and other adult things that Beatrice goes along with. But she is just as content sitting in a shopping cart as she is sitting in her club house. She finds wonder in each experience she has. I admire that. I've been trying to enjoy each moment as well but my mind tends to wander into my To-Do List mode. I try to look at Beatrice for support when that happens. She smiles at me like she is saying, "Play here and now!" The here and now is, I guess, all we really have.
This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Thursday, October 29, 2009
My Mongolian Gnome
It is a beautiful New England fall day and Beatrice and I had quite a busy one. Sometimes I think I am just stringing her along through the day. I feel that way when we do errands and I do chores around the house, and other adult things that Beatrice goes along with. But she is just as content sitting in a shopping cart as she is sitting in her club house. She finds wonder in each experience she has. I admire that. I've been trying to enjoy each moment as well but my mind tends to wander into my To-Do List mode. I try to look at Beatrice for support when that happens. She smiles at me like she is saying, "Play here and now!" The here and now is, I guess, all we really have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment