Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mozart?


Or Beatrice at age 75? You be the judge. Here's what happens when our curious daughter smears half a jar of Vaseline into her hair this morning, after her daddy can't get it out despite a thorough shampooing, and when mama googles a cure. One possible solution (doesn't always work and we won't know until morning, because her hair was still wet when she went to sleep) is to comb cornstarch through her hair and then shampoo. If that doesn't work, we're off to plan B: a baking soda shampoo.

By the way, just look at that hair. Talk about cranking up some volume! It is amazingly gorgeous and full and getting thicker by the day. It takes about four rinses each night to get all the soap out (and even more when coated with petroleum jelly!!!!) Beatrice's hair was the very first thing Anthony and I noticed in her referral photo, and it was the reason we identified her immediately in the room full of babies the day we first saw her in real life. Her "whale spout" or "fountain top," or "pineapple" is her signature look, but she looks so cute and more toddler-ish with her pigtails. Anthony calls her "Elvis" each night as he kisses her goodnight while she's sporting her post-bath wet, slicked-back look, and "Paul McCartney" when it's down in the morning completely covering her eyes. She is so patient with me each morning as I comb it and style it for the day. She likes looking in the mirror when I'm done and beams with pride, yet she's equally happy when I come home hours later, after a couple of naps, and it's a rat's nest. I rarely fix it more than once in a day, since, tame or messy, dry or Vaselined, I love every strand of it.

No comments: