Hurricane Sandy closed schools for the past two days, and just as I was downloading these photos Bea's school called and cancelled AGAIN for tomorrow! We were very lucky to never lose power and our town is just fine, but apparently there are still trees on roads and power outages in the nearby towns. This means that the Halloween party that was supposed to be at school tomorrow is now on Thursday, postponing the final holiday activities another day. This morning we had her piano lesson at our house, and Ben stayed for a bit after and the two played inside and out, having a blast! Here are they are as waiter and waitress at a restaurant, "the kind you pay first," which I think means a drive-thru:
The sun came in and out today and it was great to have some playtime outdoors:Old friends catching up......
Beatrice chose this Ben hand-me-down costume to wear for the school party, and this photo was taken during the dry run of making sure she could put it on all by herself:
Can you stand the cuteness of this jack-o-lantern????
Meanwhile, 30 copies of these Halloween cards, printed on orange paper, are in her backpack ready to go for tomorrow, I mean Thursday...... She did the drawings completely by himself, on my clock, which proves there was no art help whatsoever since artistic ability is not even remotely on a list of my talents. The descriptions are her words as well, as is the handwriting (but I'll take credit for the spelling!) And of course her graphic designer Dad put it all together. How I love (and envy) this creative little creature!
Tomorrow night we'll hand out candy to any trick-or-treaters we get on the predicted-to-be-rainy eve, we'll watch Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, pack Bea up once more for a Halloweeny school day, then hopefully close out Halloween 2012 once and for all! (actually, Beatrice hasn't had a single piece of candy since Saturday. Sunday she never mentioned getting anything out of her pumpkin, and yesterday she was sick most of the day and barely ate, so I think she's completely forgotten about this aspect of Halloween.....I'm sure her school party will remind her!)


No comments:
Post a Comment