If it's possible to turn into a blueberry, Beatrice just may do so. She has eaten her weight in them this summer, and this morning we finally did one of the things left on my summer to-do list: blueberry picking in Woodstock. It is a perfect New England summer morning with brilliant sunshine and cool temps that will heat to mid-80's this afternoon, so I knew this, her 15-mo. birthday by the way, was the day. Beatrice was in heaven picking berries right off the bush, off the ground, and out of the basket which Anthony and I were attempting to fill. I was considering shutting her off of these delicacies since she's "gone green" for many days now, and I don't mean she's signed a contract for solar panels (though we have). I mean I'm changing four and five "green" diapers a day; however, I just can't deprive her since the season has only a couple of more weeks left in it. What I will NOT do, however, is let her feast on blueberries AND corn on the same day. That was a big mistake. Here she is blissfully happy sitting on the wet ground and eating her fill.
This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Friday, August 14, 2009
Veruca Salt
If it's possible to turn into a blueberry, Beatrice just may do so. She has eaten her weight in them this summer, and this morning we finally did one of the things left on my summer to-do list: blueberry picking in Woodstock. It is a perfect New England summer morning with brilliant sunshine and cool temps that will heat to mid-80's this afternoon, so I knew this, her 15-mo. birthday by the way, was the day. Beatrice was in heaven picking berries right off the bush, off the ground, and out of the basket which Anthony and I were attempting to fill. I was considering shutting her off of these delicacies since she's "gone green" for many days now, and I don't mean she's signed a contract for solar panels (though we have). I mean I'm changing four and five "green" diapers a day; however, I just can't deprive her since the season has only a couple of more weeks left in it. What I will NOT do, however, is let her feast on blueberries AND corn on the same day. That was a big mistake. Here she is blissfully happy sitting on the wet ground and eating her fill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a good helper she is! Eat some berries for us Beatrice...nothing like a fresh Woodstock blueberry! We have many good memories of picking berries there with your Memere...
Post a Comment