Sunday, August 30, 2009

What Kind of Fool....




Puts a bookshelf at her child's level and expects said child NOT to pull them all off on a daily basis? Yup, that'd be me. You cannot imagine how many books and small toys per day get pulled off and the really lucky ones get shoved between the wooden bars on the landing onto the stairway or into the foyer one floor down. Didn't think of that when we were planning the bookcase and toys there. Oops.





Big milestone this weekend....no more rear-facing car seat. Beatrice has been busting out of the one we had, which went from base to base in each car and we now have two beautiful seats that are SOOOOO much easier to get her in and out of. (Thank you Lallys and Dan & Kathleen!) Another milestone....she made it through an entire church service without having to be taken out. (it helps that we have new priests and the masses are 15-25 minutes shorter, but still!) I almost gave her a donut in true Catholic fashion! Couple other things that were cool this weekend were that she is really starting to laugh and giggle at things. Sula just cracks her up, and believe me Sula is NOT trying. Any trick she does, any time she scratches herself, or if I put a "hat" on Sula, Beatrice thinks it's the best thing. Also, she really enjoys her swing now and was signing "more" many times today, not wanting to stop and giggling wildly when I was tickling her toes. The other noteworthy thing this weekend, not as cool, is that she's taken to screaming her lungs out ten or twenty or thirty times a day when she's unhappy about something. She directs it mainly at me, so I can't help but think this is payback for going back to work. This too shall pass I'm sure, and I'm trying my best to ignore it, ignore her, or try to redirect her, but I'll tell you this girl can leave a humming sound on an eardrum. I think toddlerhood is in full-swing. I recalled my mother's story about the ob-gyn asking her how she felt about having a baby at age 41 (that was me). My mother replied "I'm not worried at all. It's having a 2-year old at 43 that worries me!" I hear you Ma! Which is why I'm heading to bed at 8:38 right now......


Please remember to comment below with your email, or write to me separately, if you want to continue to read the blog.......

No comments: