"How old are you, Beatrice?"


What a wonderful 4 days we had with Jonathan and his family. We visited Providence, shopped in Worcester, enjoyed Vietnamese, Thai, and Middle Eastern food, hung out talking about all things from ridiculous to serious, and enjoyed the music festival under a cloudless blue sky that looked like a movie backdrop. A highlight was holding my daughter close to the stage while singing along with Pete Seeger as he played "Turn, Turn, Turn." The babies alternated with ignoring each other, playing cooperatively, clocking each other with blocks and grabbing each other by the shirt and pulling hair, and pretend feeding each other and holding hands. The adults did pretty much the same! But seriously, it's amazing how many common parenting habits/philosophies we have. We sure wish they lived closer, for our children's sake as well as our own. I wish I had taken more photos, but I was too busy enjoying myself to do so. T and B, if you have some good ones, please send them our way!
What a wonderful 4 days we had with Jonathan and his family. We visited Providence, shopped in Worcester, enjoyed Vietnamese, Thai, and Middle Eastern food, hung out talking about all things from ridiculous to serious, and enjoyed the music festival under a cloudless blue sky that looked like a movie backdrop. A highlight was holding my daughter close to the stage while singing along with Pete Seeger as he played "Turn, Turn, Turn." The babies alternated with ignoring each other, playing cooperatively, clocking each other with blocks and grabbing each other by the shirt and pulling hair, and pretend feeding each other and holding hands. The adults did pretty much the same! But seriously, it's amazing how many common parenting habits/philosophies we have. We sure wish they lived closer, for our children's sake as well as our own. I wish I had taken more photos, but I was too busy enjoying myself to do so. T and B, if you have some good ones, please send them our way!
Beatrice got two shots today, her first ones since being with us. She screamed for a few seconds and then smiled through the tears and waved bye-bye and even blew a kiss to the nurse. Resilient, thy name is Beatrice. She took a long afternoon nap and has been in a very good mood, so hopefully the night will go well too and all her future post-shot days will be like this. By the way, she is now tipping the scales at a whopping 19.4 pounds and is 29 inches tall. She has gained 1.2 pounds and grown 1 inch in the nearly 4-months with us. That's incredible because most people gain that after just one meal in our home.
I mowed the lawn this afternoon and the yard looked beautiful. The purple in her dress matched the purple in the yard, so I got the camera out......
No comments:
Post a Comment