It was a whirlwind weekend, Foronda style, with us hitting the road on Saturday for a family graduation party in Queeens, NYC. Here's Bea with the mother of the graduate, Manang Celia:
Katrine and 1-year old Lana were in town from LA for the event. This branch of the family tree is very much worth a 3-hour drive!:
This is the first time I remember when Bea showed an interest in holding a baby, and a 1-year old at that! I can't believe how big MY baby looks here:
On Sunday we headed to Boston where we met Rachel and family at Franklin Park Zoo. Neither the camera nor the photographer could keep up with the speed of these 6-year olds who raced around for 3+ hours together nearly nonstop. One eye closed, both eyes closed, nose dripping, it's all good!
Forget the white tiger, anteater, giraffes, or lions. They had an awesome playground!!!
Giddyup......cow?
Kitty cow?
Being with Rachel + blue ice cream + sunshine = perfect day:
Monkey see and monkey do:
On our way back to the car, we went into the bird house and Bea mustered up the courage to let a bird land on her:
Sunday night she transformed into "Africa girl" before bedtime. Upside down goggles/bunny ears/princess shoes. Not sure where the "Africa" is in this getup, but she was very excited:
This morning the rain ended just in time for the local parade:
Beatrice made a laptop computer and an iPad out of paper and brought them along for the event:
She's helping Weezy "check her email:"
The green wristband, by the way, was from her field day at school last week and she hasn't had it off for more than a few hours ever since receiving it. (you can even see it in the NYC photos) Anthony calls her LeBron James. She does dream of playing basketball some day, but I fear this accessory is the closest she'll ever get:
The forecasted heat finally arrived late afternoon, so we decided to visit the splash pad for its opening weekend. The water was FREEZING but Bea had a blast running around:
Beatrice has weighed between 32-33 pounds for almost two years now. The other night, out of the blue, we weighed her and the number shocked us...37.5! I can really see this sturdier, stronger, taller, not-little-girl anymore-girl in these photos:
The countdown to summer is officially on. Bea has 15 days of school, I have 21. I think I can, I think I can.....











No comments:
Post a Comment