After she was done, I wrote the word "went" on a piece of paper and asked her to read it which she did. I asked her if she used this word in her writing, and she said yes. She found it ("yt") and corrected it. Apparently, she thinks vowels are overrated, but I was actually pretty impressed.
I had fun at FunFest. I liked the dart game the best. Sam and I went on the strawberry ride.
Last week she wrote
I like to et is crm on ym brthda.
(I like to eat ice cream on my birthday.)
Her journal at school around Easter time:
Jesus did on the cos.
(Jesus died on the cross)
She got a bit of a trash mouth while writing birthday thank-yous:
I like to et is crm on ym brthda.
(I like to eat ice cream on my birthday.)
Her journal at school around Easter time:
Jesus did on the cos.
(Jesus died on the cross)
She got a bit of a trash mouth while writing birthday thank-yous:
Dear Sofe,
Fok uo for the gif and fok
uo for komin to my barfd.
I've avoided talking much about Bea's academics in this blog for many reasons, and I'm not going to go too much into it now either, but I want to document where she's at because a)I'm so stinking proud of the progress she's made! and b) She's improving every day and I'm finally starting to believe she may not always spell "my" in reverse, and this confidence allows me to relax and enjoy this phase which, like all others I assume, will pass soon and then I'll miss it. Soon enough we won't be able to spell in front of her when we don't want her to know what we're saying, and won't be able to just drive by signs of places or events that she wants to go to. Just today I was telling her how I thought she'd never pronounce the letters "s" or "f", and then one day each magically appeared. She always does things in her own way, on her own time, but always does them. I need to trust her more. Trust in her more. This girl never ceases to amaze me.
No comments:
Post a Comment