Wasn't it JUST the first day of school????
Well yesterday was the last, at least for a couple months, and Beatrice couldn't have been more excited about that!
Throwing on the backpack for the last time, at least for a while.
Every occasion demands a bow and curtsy.
They had an end-of-the year "graduation," which she will experience AGAIN next year since she has another year of preK. But the mortar boards were out and it was quite the event for "The Class of 2012."
Her height pretty much guarantees that we'll always see her in the front row of events, which is awesome.
I couldn't have been prouder of my little girl, even when she was playing with her dress in a way that made her look like a can-can dancer. She told us later that she was "pretending she was in a dress shop picking out and trying on new dresses."
I have no idea what this face is about:
Finally, her name was called and she walked across the stage:
Here she is with Mrs. Kenyon, her head teacher.
She got a beautiful binder of photographs and memories from the year that will be a great keepsake of her 3 mornings a week from ages 3 to 4. What a wonderful year she had, though she reminded me the other day that she "likes school, but don't you remember I just want to stay home with you and Daddy and you can teach me everything?" Sorry Bea, a homeschooler I am NOT! This coming week ( I have seven more school days) she will spend a few days with Daddy and her last two days with Mrs. Gohn, which will be sadder because that is a final ending. Next year she will be in preschool much more, so we're hoping we won't need a sitter at all.
And, because I don't think I ever put this on the blog, here's her official first year preK school portrait, taken Fall 2011. Happy summer vacation Beatrice!









No comments:
Post a Comment