This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Snow Angel
This morning we woke to 6 inches of beautiful white fluffy snow. Beatrice was SO excited. We missed the first storm of the season while we were in Florida, so she went to sleep last night in anticipation of the predicted snowfall. This morning she ran to the window to see if her dream came true, woke up Daddy announcing the grand event, ate breakfast in record time and impatiently waited for the moment when we could go out and she could make a snowman and play. Finally, we got out there, all decked out in hot pink snowpants, coat, boots, scarf, hat, new teddy bear mittens...the works. The snow did not disappoint. Beatrice flashed smiles from ear to ear. She threw herself down to the ground and made snow angels, flew down the snow-covered slide on her swingset, the usual way and belly-whopper style a la Frosty, used her shovel, and tried to create snowballs. Anyone walking by would have heard the loud giggles and excited squeals of a 2-year old as she experiences all the joy that is a day out in the snow. Anthony and I kept watching her as we were shoveling, reminiscing about how ambivalent she was last year about snow, and finally, when the shoveling was done, I went back in to get the cameras to capture these magical moments. I envisioned playing side by side for the remainder of the morning, taking video of her sliding, perfect photos of her flapping her "wings" as she made snow angels, snapping away as I pulled her in her sled, all set against a blue sky and in clear sunshine. Each picture was to be worth a thousand words. When I returned, I heard crying along with the dreaded words "My toes are cooooooooooold!!!!" There was no recovering. Here is my only photo from this wondrous New England morn:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hilarious!!!!! The picture says it all... I know that feeling!
Post a Comment