




The weather

was strangely warm and sunny again this weekend and there is new growth on both rose bushes, as well as a beautiful blossom on the red one. Friday night we went to the gallery opening downtown, where Anthony had two pieces showing (the skateboard and the "abominable mandala" to the right). Saturday was gorgeous. I took these shots in the yard before we left for Truman's 4th birthday party for a pre-Thanksgiving feast. Beatrice had a ball playing with her cousins. It was amazing to see her whirling around their very full playroom, and I couldn't help but think back to the first time she sat in that space, completely overwhelmed and nearly catatonic. She has certainly learned her way around a toyroom! Shame on us, we forgot the "real" camera at home, and Anthony's iPhone died, so we never even got a picture of the birthday boy, but here's one of his 2 1/2 year old brother slowly joining reality after a nap. Saturday night we took some Christmas photos. I was thinking it might take a few sessions to get one that we loved, but we did get several good ones and the card is already being ordered. Today she and I headed to church alone, as Anthony had a meeting, and spent the afternoon together too. We started packing tonight for our trip to Maryland which is now under 48 hours away. It's going to be a busy week with two Thanksgiving gatherings and a baptism. We're also hoping to meet up with Samantha, a "sister" from Bac Ninh who lives in DC. Not sure I will post for a while, but should have plenty of new pictures when we return.
No comments:
Post a Comment