Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mama Bliss




Fellow adoptive parent and blogger "Nancy from Arizona" (that's how I refer to you Nancy!) wrote a wonderful post on her blog recently with the same title as I gave this one. She talked about how many moms neglect taking pictures of themselves with their children due to self-consciousness or because they're the ones behind the camera, but reminded the readers how much those photos mean to children when they look back on them years later and see their mothers brimming with love. I can't tell you how many people have told me that I "found my smile again" when B. came home, or that I've "never looked happier." Some of these comments I chalked up to cliches but I must admit that when I do see photos of myself with my daughter, there's no hiding the fact that she's the light of my life. So tonight I called Anthony into the bathroom as I was getting B. ready for a bath because of the "do" she was modeling after her pigtails were pulled out. No, there was no wind machine used for these photos! He took the hair shots, then turned the camera on mother and daughter. Here's my favorite.

1 comment:

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

Oh you KNOW that she's gonna be 30 someday with her new baby in her arms, and see that picture of you and her together framed on her night stand, and then she'll look at her own babe in her arms, and she'll suddenly get it. Oh, she loves me THIS much.
The picture is precious. I'll say thank you now for B who won't say it to you for a while yet.
Nancy (in AZ)