Today started off with a concertina performance, followed by a phone call (on the remote control), and a reading of many books. This afternoon we went outside to walk on our "red carpet." Our Japanese maple tree is shedding its beautiful leaves, gracing our lawn with a beautiful sprinkling that is too pretty to rake! It's amazing. I grew up with the same exact tree near our driveway. I always said I'd have to have one of those maples in my yard when I grew up. When we bought the house it was February and trees were not at all on my mind. They were all gray and colorless. I was so pleasantly surprised when I realized my dream had come true even though I hadn't really sought it out on purpose.
This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Leaf Hunt, part II (among other things)
Today started off with a concertina performance, followed by a phone call (on the remote control), and a reading of many books. This afternoon we went outside to walk on our "red carpet." Our Japanese maple tree is shedding its beautiful leaves, gracing our lawn with a beautiful sprinkling that is too pretty to rake! It's amazing. I grew up with the same exact tree near our driveway. I always said I'd have to have one of those maples in my yard when I grew up. When we bought the house it was February and trees were not at all on my mind. They were all gray and colorless. I was so pleasantly surprised when I realized my dream had come true even though I hadn't really sought it out on purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment