Saturday, September 13, 2014

Tet Trung Thu

Tet Trung Thu has been a favorite of our Vietnamese holidays, mostly because of its simplicity and fun legends which accompany it.  This year we tried two new things:  going to a TTT festival in Worcester, and bringing along a (non-Vietnamese) friend.  Both decisions were great.  Bea replied "Oh yes, please!!!!" when I asked her if she'd like to invite a friend along to our already-planned evening. I was so happy that she was excited to share this piece of her heritage with someone knew, and not surprised one bit that she chose her best buddy Samantha.  We joined a few hundred folks at the Boys & Girls Club in Worcester, where we tasted candy and moon cakes, got lanterns, watched games and a lion dance, viewed a martial arts demonstration, got faces painted and, oh yeah, ran a whole lot around a gym!






We capped the night off with dinner at Pho Dakao and the girls were ravished! At the end of the night, sweet Samm said "I hope I can come to your Vietnamese party again some time!"


No comments: