Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bring on the dioramas and science fair projects!

Most of the time when Bea is begging to use the iPad, it's to watch Design Squad.  This morning she watched for about 45 minutes, then raced to me with a list of items she needed to make a game.  She then propped the iPad up to watch the show again as she went to work, completely on her own for over an hour:

Oh the joy some old cardboard and orange duct tape can bring!  I'm hoping if I let her go to town on projects like this she'll be brilliant at it by the time school projects come around and I won't have to do a thing! (I'm not lazy, I just truly wouldn't even know where to begin since my claims to fame for school projects were an atom built out of toothpicks and marshmallows once, and the science fair project I did on "air power" with a straw, a string, and a balloon.  and I think that was 6th grade.  How embarrassing!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama's, don't let your babies grow up to be engineers!