Thursday, October 10, 2013

because someday I'll forget...

*Beatrice asked if she could have a "hula hoop cake" for her birthday next year, "a chocolate cake in a hula hoop pan, like a donut with a hole in the middle."  Realized a moment later she meant a bundt pan.

*She's been learning a few words in Chinese thanks to a doll someone gave her and very intensely asked the other morning "How do you say granola bar in Chinese, because I really need to know?"

*"Magnificent" and "Magnifique" are her favorite adjectives lately.  I credit the French to Fancy Nancy and Madeline.

*My sentimental girl cried her eyes out the other day when she said goodbye to the rocks in our lower driveway.  I am thrilled to have our driveway finally completed and re-paved, but she was extremely dramatic and emotional stating "I will never be happy about it.  I will miss those rocks.  They were my favorite!  I was studying them and loving them and I was even going to be a geologist but now you are changing my life!"  She chose a few special ones to add to her rock collection. Once again I flashed back to our tour guide Thanh in Hanoi who labeled her "Princess of Many Dramas."

*She calls us "Tu-Tu" lately, instead of "Poo-Poo" (which I poo-pooed), especially when answering a question..."How was your day Beatrice?"  "Fine, Tu-tu."

*She's become quite good on her bike in just a few short sessions, but I never have the camera/video with me!  The foliage has been great too, so I've got some great pictures in my mind, but unfortunately none for her.

*Fire Prevention Week has led to some Fire Phobia in my girl.  She detests fire drills, is on-and-off afraid to fall asleep because she's afraid of a fire at home, wants us to practice going to our "meeting place," and no longer brings Blankie to school in case there's a fire and she can't get it out of her backpack.

*Bea has become really, really good at playing by herself. She often talks quietly acts out scenes in her mind with her props and little figures. I love overhearing her re-enacting part of her day or quoting us or her teacher.

*"My feet are my favorite part of my body, because I can use them to walk, jump, run, hop, and squat...see?"  (squats)

See why she loves them?


1 comment:

Mother Lightning said...

My, my what a mature young gal, & so smart too ~xo~! What a fun time learning about Bea's adventures, she certainly rocks!!!!

Love & Peace,

Cher