We got a surprise snowstorm Thursday and Friday, which cancelled school 2 days for Bea, and 1 for me, so it was time to break out the snowflake shirt, for what is hopefully the last time for a long, long while!
Over a foot fell, but since it was March the gaining-in-strength sun came out the next day and melted a ton, and 3/4 of it is already gone now!
Buddha is happy that his head is above the snow line!
This winterized azalea will be pink in a couple of months:
And these daffodils' internal clock says it's time to push out, whether there's snow on the ground or not!
When I saw the beautiful forecast for Sunday, I asked Bea if she'd like to run in the O'Putnam road race, and she was all for it. I threw in a St. Patrick's Day bow tie, which fit around her waist, for good measure since this race encourages costumes and all things green. Here's "Super Beatrice" the morning of the race:
Number 10898 was rarin' to go, and loving that sunglasses season has arrived!
Of course, we had to do some good stretching out first:
She called these "rainbow reaches:"
I dug out my marathon shirt from what seems like a lifetime ago:
And here's the video footage of the beginning and finish of the Wee Mile, which is actually 1/4 mile race:
Proud, proud girl showing off her T-shirt and medal!










No comments:
Post a Comment