Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Even though there is snow on the ground today, I can't help to think of what is coming. Beatrice and I have spent many springs together on our days off school. Last year we spent a day after her school ended at Harkness Park. We sat in the sand picking shells, looking for unusual rocks, and wading in the tide pools. It was a beautiful spring day and the sun glistened against the tips of the waves. Beatrice danced by the shore and I picked up a small stone to remember how special that day was. I still rub the stone sitting on my design desk to remind me of that time with my loving daughter. Those days off will be fewer end next year as she starts her first year in elementary school as a kindergartener. We will not have the day off that we have each week this year. Or two days we had last year. My time with my daughter is shortening and I am sad to think each year it may shorten more. For now, we have this spring and we'll go to Harkness Park again on a day off and explore together. Maybe I'll take home another stone.



Beatrice wading through the tidal pool at Harkness Park Spring 2012




Beatrice swimming at the pool at the Villa in Lucca, Italy, Summer 2012




Beatrice and I having an afternoon nap. One of many that I cherish.

No comments: