Saturday, November 3, 2012

"THE POSSIBILITIES ARE NINE CENTS A RIDE"

I think this quote from Beatrice during Friday morning's commute to school should be a t-shirt or bumper sticker.  It is so ridiculous yet sounds existential somehow. 
I have no idea what it meant, but she added when I looked back at her “I’m talking to my pretend friend on my pretend speakerphone…”
How she loves experimenting with language and "fancy" words! Another thing she's really into lately is being verbally affectionate.  Anthony and I get many "I love you's" each and every day for the past few weeks, and she'll often add so many phrases trying to show emphasis and to quantify her feelings, as in  "I love you SO much, even the most and more than you love me, like to the moon and back, and all around the galaxy  and planets until you die, then 100 days and 600 dollars after that....and not forget anybody, just every single one!" "WOW" is the only way we can respond to all that.  I also discovered a handmade "note" in my lunch yesterday.  She sketched a ballerina, two interlocking hearts, and some sort of hopscotch path.  Took.my.breath.away........

 On another note, I had the pleasure of catching up on the phone last night with one of our friends from Vietnam.  Carol and Paul from Michigan adopted Megan.  Here are our two girls in Hanoi on the day we visited the Museum of Ethnology together in April 2009:



   
And here they are in October 2012:
       
It was awesome to talk to Carol and review the past couple years and share stories about our Bac Ninh girls.  I hope we can get them together some time soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"THE POSSIBILITIES ARE NINE CENTS A RIDE"


Maybe Bea has a future as a consultant in the transportation industry?