Sunday, August 12, 2012

Visit from our PA friends

Jonathan and family arrived in the Nutmeg State for a few days and the two 4-year olds had a B.L.A.S.T.  But before those photos, first this one below of B. and her Lolo doing some early morning sketching when Lolo & Lola were in town last week for my dad's 87th birthday party:

Now, for the 4-year olds.  They make quite the pair.  Half the time Jonathan wore this cloth bag on his head and B. had her usual Ukranian headscarf, hand made and tied out of her blanket, which of course she ripped off when she saw the camera:


Here's what happens when you feed the kids early and let them "play" by themselves so the adults can have a peaceful dinner.  This was done with markers and, while they are washable, it took quite the scrub bins and 2 tubs full of water to get the job done:

                            Beatrice is in a, let's say "telling stories" phase, aka LYING, so it's hard to know how this happened.  Her version of course is that it was all Jonathan's idea and she "forgot to not do it" but then again she blamed him for two things today, and he left the house 24 hours ago, so she's not necessarily a reliable reporter right now.  This is a guilty face, that's all I know.  I was playing the part of furious and shocked, trying to not smile, but Anthony couldn't help but take out the iPhone for a couple quick pictures of the "evidence:"
We had a great time at the playscape/Splashpad, where they got a lot of energy out:



 Here is the "I've got water in my eyes" face which we get every time, and during every shampoo:
                                                   All passengers better jump ship with these 2 at the helm!:
                                           This girl can practice her ballet moves absolutely anywhere:
                              There's a steady flow of water running down this pole, and I think I finally got B. to stop licking/sucking it, and just touch it instead. It's a miracle she hasn't caught an infectious disease:


Fun, fun, fun.  Beatrice said this morning "I miss my friend.  I just wish he could live right down the street so we could drive very quickly or even just walk to his house!"  Couldn't say it better myself.....

No comments: