Sunday, August 26, 2012

Maybe Charlotte's Web ISN'T for 4-year olds!

One day last week at around 6 a.m. Beatrice looked at me (from the toilet bowl to be specific) and asks "How much more time do I have left with you?"  I assumed she meant before I went back to school, or how much more vacation, since those were high frequency conversation topics but when I asked her to clarify she did so "no, how many more days before you die?"So at bathtime last night, when Beatrice came out with "Mama, can you PLEASE not wake up tomorrow morning?" I had no idea what she was insinuating. Luckily, the cat was out of the bag moments later when she blew the surprise that she and Daddy were going to treat me to breakfast in bed!  It was delicious, and I was so, so relieved that B. was not wishing "permanent sleep" on me. I don't know how long this preoccupation with death phase is going to last, but Anthony is convinced we have a future Goth girl on our hands!

No comments: