Four years ago today, on a Friday morning around 11 in the morning, our social worker called us with a referral. The words that stood out were "2 months old," "healthy," "Bac Ninh," "Minh Hanh," and, the one I asked to be repeated because I was certain I heard incorrectly, "she." Photos were to follow, and above was the first glimpse we ever saw of our precious girl. Anthony and I laughed out loud when we saw our little Terminator. We were in love. We signed and agreed to everything even before the medical records arrived. We knew that was our daughter, no matter what. Little did we know she'd be as close to perfection as a human can be. Little did we know it would take nearly nine endless months to get her in our arms. Little did we know that we wouldn't even remember life before her. July 11th will always be a wonderful, wonderful anniversary day.



1 comment:
your words + photo = tears!
I remember those nine months of joy, worry, anticipation, concern and "reading" into the photo. Did you ever imagine the Beatrice of today? She is a wonderful, intelligent, creative, loving, beautiful, and caring person. I love her dearly. I am proud to be her Jay Jay!
Post a Comment