Monday, July 2, 2012

Great vacation, but bad packing job...

We just got back from 6 days in Maryland.  First we spent 3 days in Ocean City where we had incredible weather and a great time vacationing with Lolo and Lola and cousin Miles.  Then we were in DC for my sister-in-law's 40th birthday party.  We slept through most of the near hurricane that hit Friday night, but suffered through the 100+ temps and power outages until we left this morning.  Friday we went to the National Gallery to enjoy some a/c and Beatrice walks in to the George Bellows  and Joan Miro exhibits announcing "I need my sketchbook (a spiral bound 3 for $1 little thing my sister buys many of and I keep one in my pocketbook for church, car rides, etc.) so I can write everything I see."  Below is a photo of her doing just that, along with a copy of the Joan Miro painting which she replicated and which I've scanned below it.  I'm really afraid  proud, that we have a little artist on our hands.  She is so incredibly focused when she's drawing and we are becoming inundated with random paper sketches all around our house, in my pocketbook, everywhere!  She's really into drawing people in motion, mostly ballerinas, but also sleeping, skating, boating, swimming, rocking in rocking chairs, whatever is on her mind.  It's so neat see what's in her brain!  The worst news of the trip was that I very stupidly put the camera in our checked in luggage, and not even in a camera bag.  I know, I know, I could kick myself!  Anyway, long story short, I took not one photo this trip, and we need a new lens before we head to Italy next week.  These photos are from Anthony's cell phone, and we're awaiting copies of all the fabulous ones Liza took for us at the beach.

Here are Miles and B. at the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk Funland.  Have you ever seen a person kill so daintily?  My girly girl still has no idea what a gun is.


 I love finding her sketches and asking her later what they are about.  And she always has the same exact answer even if you ask her days later.  Above: "Here is a woman bending over picking something up."

"This is a hammock out in the sun."





No comments: