Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Trying to Freeze Time

It was one of those nights tonight, shortly before 6 ,when the light was just right and I couldn't take a bad picture. As I was looking through the viewfinder and snapping away, it hit me like a ton of bricks: B's growing up before my eyes, and at an out-of-control pace. I could see the future ahead of me, the time when I would look back at these pictures and yearn for this very time, and I wanted to experience every nanosecond of it.
I just kept clicking, thinking it would somehow make time slow down. And in between, I put the camera down to be fully present, soak it in, and be part of it.
The joy,
the innocent rebellion,
and the rapid growth are overwhelming to me.
The beauty. Her undeniable beauty that turns others' heads and leaves me speechless...
And of course the imagination. Here she was pushing her "pretend baby"
and taking delight in her baby's delight! How does she know how to be a proud mama?
A "garden" was prepared, and "blueberry trees" planted. Pretend cars were filled up with gas.
It was a full evening indeed. Another one that slipped like water through my fingers. But at least I caught a few drops and held onto them tight for a few precious minutes.

No comments: