...to experience the unique bliss of seeing my kid in a school play, and today was the day. Beatrice's pre-K put on a Thanksgiving skit today and it was a classic, complete with forgotten lines, kids starstruck by the audience in front of them, loud off-tune singing, wardrobe malfunctions, teary eyed, smiling parents, each convinced their child was the cutest and best one there, filming every minute of it, and my child, who could NOT stop beaming or saying hello to us from the moment she spotted us until the end. I told Beatrice ahead of time how proud we were of her and that if she sees Mama crying it's only because I'm so proud of her and that they are happy tears. She implored "Don't cry mama. Try hard not to. Bring a towel or tissue to dry your eyes and wipe your drippy nose." Here she is, in her on-stage debut, Beatrice, better known today as "Pilgrim letter I."
A few pilgrims/Native Americans got snatched up by their parents before they had a chance to return to the classroom for a cast photo, but above are most of the cuties from her class.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, INDEED!
1 comment:
This so definitely made me tear up, Michelle. I can completely relate-- although our first "that's -our-kid-up-there" moment won't happen until next April when Rachel's ballet class has a recital. Her class doesn't even start until January, but I'm already looking forward to the April performance! Tissues will be mandatory for mommy. We LOVED getting the email with the pilgrim picture too. Hey, Beatrice was the first pilgrim Rachel ever saw! ha ha. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment