My sister Louise and Sula joined us a we drove down to the eastern shore of Maryland, where Anthony's folks have a beach house 1/4 mile from the ocean. It was a blast and we had a near steady stream of cousins (or "cudinz"as Beatrice pronounces) come by for 1-3 days each. It was so great for her to be able to spend time with some of her extended family and practice being around other kids too. We were up late, slept in (relatively speaking), stayed in jammies way more than ever, trekked to the beach almost every day, and ate our fill of blue crab and ice cream. In other words, pretty much a perfect nine days. One of the other highlights, of which I have no picture, was buying Beatrice her back-to- school shoes. She was insanely proud as she got to wear them out of the store, and playing school is a new favorite game of hers.
This pose reminds me of the beautiful woman who flew on the plane with us from Hanoi to Seoul, Korea, who told me my daughter was "a lovely little Buddha."
Beatrice loved having her Weezy along for the trip.
But she was more than willing to try the swings out.

She was disappointed there was no fishing pole, but had fun ringing the bell.
Here is her makeshift swimming pool at the beach.

She was brave enough to go into the water on day one, but after she took a wave in the face, stayed away from the water until the very last day when she and Lola played on the shore.




1 comment:
Hello, it's Quynh here :). Sorry I never comment even though I follow the blog; I just have to this time, because she's getting sooo big :-0.
I'm traveling around at the moment. Is there anything you want? Still some bamboo dragonfly? I'm going to Hoi An tomorrow and will be able to get some neat stuff there XD
Post a Comment