Our first full day back from vacation was marked by Bea's watching her first full-length movie, as well as eating her first bites of stove-popped popcorn. I've been thinking about letting her see Mary Poppins for a while since our kite flying this spring led to the song "Let's Go Fly a Kite" which led to the youtube video of that title, which led to other Mary Poppins songs and video clips, which led to her demanding every morning "I want to watch Penguin Dance movie!" which led to downloading the music which we listened to up and down the New Jersey turnpike..... you get the point. I've got to record her attempting to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious at some point, by the way, it is just hysterical! She was in heaven, watching all 2 hrs. 20 min. attentively with a forced dinner break, applauded spontaneously at the end, flew her "kite" (purple blanket which can miraculously become anything she deems it to be) and sang the songs all through bedtime. What a great experience to share with her. Now I only hope she doesn't attempt to use her Hello Kitty umbrella to fly down the stairs tomorrow morning! On another Julie Andrews note, while it may be a bit before I let her see my favorite movie ever-Sound of Music- I may just have to introduce that CD as well, because she has taken to requesting "Ay-da-bice" at bedtime to lull her to sleep for a couple weeks now. She loves that song so much.
This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Friday, July 15, 2011
Firsts
Our first full day back from vacation was marked by Bea's watching her first full-length movie, as well as eating her first bites of stove-popped popcorn. I've been thinking about letting her see Mary Poppins for a while since our kite flying this spring led to the song "Let's Go Fly a Kite" which led to the youtube video of that title, which led to other Mary Poppins songs and video clips, which led to her demanding every morning "I want to watch Penguin Dance movie!" which led to downloading the music which we listened to up and down the New Jersey turnpike..... you get the point. I've got to record her attempting to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious at some point, by the way, it is just hysterical! She was in heaven, watching all 2 hrs. 20 min. attentively with a forced dinner break, applauded spontaneously at the end, flew her "kite" (purple blanket which can miraculously become anything she deems it to be) and sang the songs all through bedtime. What a great experience to share with her. Now I only hope she doesn't attempt to use her Hello Kitty umbrella to fly down the stairs tomorrow morning! On another Julie Andrews note, while it may be a bit before I let her see my favorite movie ever-Sound of Music- I may just have to introduce that CD as well, because she has taken to requesting "Ay-da-bice" at bedtime to lull her to sleep for a couple weeks now. She loves that song so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment