Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Am B.B., Hear Me.....



When we went to PA a few weeks ago we visited an amazing exotic animal rescue site and were treated to very up-close visits with a variety of beautiful creatures, including these two lions, who bellowed at just the moment we arrived to their area. I truly had never heard such an impressive sound in my life and we were all aghast at what we were witnessing. We've talked about it to many people and showed this video clip taken with Anthony's iPhone, which is, I think, how we've created our little monster's newest "habit:" ROARING at a person when she is frustrated with him/her. If you're lucky, she'll try one or two verbal stabs at getting what she wants or dealing with the conflict, but then she resorts to looking right at you and roaring her loudest roar. She does it with us, frequently with Nicholas, and resorted to it with Rachel a few times as well. I made the huge mistake of accusing her of "growling" but she quickly clarified "I not growlin', I ROARIN'!" Between my horror and Anthony's laughter, we've been reinforcing the heck out of it too. So now this school counselor who runs conflict resolution and social skills groups, will spend my summer vacation attempting to rid my daughter of her antisocial behaviors before she starts preschool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when Pepere Arthur used to 'clear his troat'!