So I'm starting to think that the religious group who believes that the end of the world is coming this year on May 21st, is correct. All indications point to us being buried alive in snow and ice. We had 2 more storms this week, more snow, more ice, more days off of school, and my claustrophobia is high as our driveway narrows more and more and nearly closes in on us. The bright side, however, is that it was Tet Week, the lunar new year. February 3rd marked the end of the Year of the Tiger and the beginning of the Year of the Rabbit (although the Vietnamese apparently call it Year of the Cat because of a translation problem long ago.) Though the house didn't get cleaned, fresh flowers never got bought, and the pots and pans didn't get banged this year, we did do a few nice things to celebrate.
Then she B-B-fied her look. She is surprisingly opinionated about her "outerwear" and sometimes I fear we're raising Lady Gaga. Or maybe its Elton John....
Held at a huge school, the auditorium was used for performances and formal announcements/presentations.

In the lobby there was a re-creation of the Red Bridge on Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi. Click here for a photo of Beatrice on the real bridge, nearly 2 years ago.

People in masks are NOT my daughter's "thing." That lion mask sitting behind her nearly made her jump out of her dress when a human wearing it approached us.
In the children's room there were games and crafts.
Quickly opening her li xi, or lucky red envelope which one of the elder men officials distributed
B. is all-of-a-sudden into her "friends" (as in stuffed animals) who she's all but ignored for the past 18 months. I was not invited to this "apple crisp party" with friends "Duck," "Teddy Bear," and "Jeannie Jeanne"

"Hmmm..I thinkin'....I have an idea...hmmmm....I have good idea....what is it Mama? I don't know....."

Tet morning, surrounded by her "loot"
Last night, we went to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant where B. showed off her mad chopsticks skills.

Even Sula had the spirit of the special holiday.
Chuc Mung Nam Moi to everyone! Hopefully the groundhog is right and our celebration of the beginning of springtime this week will encourage the weather to follow along.
No comments:
Post a Comment