Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Skills

Beatrice is cracking us up lately with her fixation on the number nine. (We ate at a restaurant named the Ninety-Nine on Sunday and she said "nine-nine" about a hundred times because Pepere kept encouraging her.) Anyway, here's our ritual... I start off counting "one,", she replies "doo", then immediately jumps to "nine!!!!!" stated with great enthusiasm. So usually I say, "not yet" and keep counting..."three..." "NINE!" again "not yet!" And so on, until the big moment comes, after I say "eight" when she can happily and correctly yell "nine" and then "deh", her version of "ten." Well, I've tried to film this many times, and she never does it the way she ALWAYS does it when I'm not filming, but here's the best I could get. I love to see how focused she is, how she yells "nine" then starts getting excited and then frustrated, then holds back from saying it after 7, says "nine" at the RIGHT time, but isn't quite sure.... The next part of the video is of her "reading" her first book. Note how she immediately asks for "more" and then says "no, no" when I rephrase her suggestion. Yes, she has a mind of her own.

No comments: