Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Naht Naht"



That's how Beatrice says "night, night" and last night she said it to Uncle Dan and Auntie Kathleen, not us. They got us tickets to see The Lion King in Hartford last night, dinner out, and free babysitting, so we headed to their house yesterday afternoon. I was a bit nervous since no one but Anthony or I has ever put her to bed for the night in the ten months she's been with us, but it went just fine by all reports. She played with her cousins for hours, then did her bath and books routine and was asleep between her godparents within ten minutes. We came home around 11:15 and moved her to our bed, which was probably the wrong thing to do, since she had fitful night thereafter. Anyway, it was a huge milestone for her, and for us. It's so great that she's at the age and level now when people tell her that Mama and Daddy will be home later, she understands. The show was incredible by the way, probably the best version we've ever seen. And the restaurant, Wang's Palace in Glastonbury, CT, was up there with best "American Chinese food" ever as well. We just had leftovers for lunch and have another whole dinner for three awaiting us this week.

On another note, here's a shot of her with her best buddy the other day, and a potentially sacreligious photo of Beatrice trying a new activity: sticking uncooked spaghetti in an inverted colander. I got this keep-her-busy-so-I-can-prepare-dinner idea from another person's blog and she had an absolute blast, but at one point I couldn't help but think she looked like she was preparing incense at a Buddhist altar. Coming from the girl who had to kneel on pencils in second grade for playing "body of Christ" with Lay's potato chips, you might understand why this went through my mind.

No comments: